Thursday, March 8, 2012

Tribe around the world


                                                    Kiswahili                                                                          

My tribe is located in Coastal Kenya,I speak Kiswahili. Some of the things I do are artisans on the island of Lamu are famous for their intricately carved wooden furniture and doors. They also construct miniature, painted replicas of the boats ( dhows ) used for fishing. Young boys play with these at the shore. Women use brown colored henna to paint complex flower designs on their hands and feet (up to the knees) as preparation for attending a wedding. The color, which stains the skin and nails, lasts for several weeks.

7 comments:

  1. I think your information is very clear and I undestand all the words and all the information i like it . Thanks

    Jireh

    ReplyDelete
  2. good information,itscultureitsvery interesting because instead of bring flowers they paint them on their body

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its a good tribe, I like that the people make artisans and women make designs of flowers.
    Paola

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like it because I undertand it and is very clear

    ReplyDelete
  5. that is an interesting information and i like that they construct in minatures

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like my information is interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like their information how you explained

    i think it is very interesting how the contruct in miniature
    Goood!!!!

    ReplyDelete